Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What's in Your Sewing Kit?

Here's a big THANK YOU to Riley Blake Designs for inviting me to teach my little Rosebud Wristlet Pincushion as a Make & Take project during Quilt Market in Houston last week.

Cindy's
Jina's ~ photo courtesy of RBD
 First I practiced on some friends/sisters:
 I love sewing with friends, and made at least a hundred new friends from around the world...

including folks from England... 

...Korea... 

...Norway... 
We all speak the language of fabric!

Even met up with my good friend Eleanor who also came to make one.  Lovely! 

Want to make one too?  Riley Blake Designs is hosting a Pincushion Club each Friday.  Click HERE to see my tutorial and printable instruction sheet.

I made one to match my Sewing Kit Ensemble.  In fact, I've been having a ton of fun making little must-have projects for my sewing room.  It started with the Sewing Kit itsself, made from RBD laminated fabric.  And I've been filling it with fun matching accessories that would also make great gift items!

Sew...  how about a series of simple project tutorials for your sewing room?   Tune in next week for more info about these little "Snippets" from my Sewing Room to yours!


http://gifgifs.com

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE the look of your wristlet pin cushion and am going to HAVE to add it to my list of MUST makes!!

    Judi in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sew very much for sharing this adorable and practical project. Happy Sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this! This came just in time for Christmas gift giving. Not only will they make a cute pin cushion for my friend; but her 2 young granddaughters will LOVE them just as bracelets!
    THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Deonn,
    I love this idea,
    so nice of you to share ☺
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete

So happy you stopped by for a visit! Thank you!